#BlackWomenBuilt Terms & Conditions
“BLACK WOMEN BUILT CONTEST”
1. CONTEST: THE FOLLOWING OFFICIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“OFFICIAL RULES”) APPLY TO THE “BLACK WOMEN BUILT CONTEST” (THE “CONTEST”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. THE ODDS OF WINNING THE CONTEST DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. This Contest is sponsored by Bumble Trading, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest commences at 12:00:01 PM (ET) on 02/05/2019, and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on 02/10/2019 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received prior to the expiration of the Contest Period in accordance with the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and any entries so received thereafter shall be null and avoid, and ineligible for the Contest.
3. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to legal residents of all 50 United States and the District of Columbia (void in Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, United States territories, possessions and protectorates, foreign-based United States military installations and wherever restricted or prohibited by law). Entrants must be at least 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families) (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of Sponsor are not eligible for the Contest.
4. HOW TO ENTER:
A. In order to be entered into the Contest and become an eligible entrant (“Entrant”), Entrant must complete the following actions in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth herein prior to the conclusion of the Contest Period:
Visit the official Black Women Built website, located here.
Click on the Contest entry button to access the Entry Form; and
submit a completed Entry Form by (a) electronically acknowledging and agreeing to these Official Rules; (b) completing all fields included on the Entry Form, including providing an original essay statement (as more fully described below) (the “Essay Submission”); and (c) following all other the instructions provided to submit the completed Entry Form.
B. Essay Submission Topic and Requirements: The Essay Submission must respond to and answer the following questions: (1) “Tell us about the event you'd like create in honor of Black History Month. What would it look like? Who would you invite? What are some key takeaways you hope your guests have?” and (2) “Tell us why you are the best person to make this happen in your community”.
C. Technical Requirements. The Essay Submission must comply with the following requirements: Answers to each question must not exceed 500 characters and must be the Entrant’s original work made for the Contest. Answers must be given in the English language. All Submissions that communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate and any Submission that is otherwise deemed inappropriate by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, whether due to any other conduct, language or other context, will be disqualified.
5. GENERAL ENTRY TERMS AND CONDITIONS: All entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be hereinafter referred to as “Eligible Entries”. Entrants are limited to one entry per Entrant. If an Entrant uses multiple user accounts to submit more than one entry only the first entry will count. In the event of a dispute over who submitted, or shall be entitled to claim, the winning entry, the authorized account holder of the user account used to participate in the Contest at the actual time of entry, shall be deemed to be the Entrant. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned the applicable e-mail address or user credentials by an Internet access provider, IP-connected application, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for granting credentials or assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries and materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any potential Prize Winner (as defined herein) may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof and other substantiating documentation that such person is the potential Prize Winner.
6. ENTRY CONDITIONS: By entering and/or participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees:
(b) to release and hold Sponsor and its affiliates, and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, and any suppliers, licensors, donors, sponsors, operators, service providers, vendors, marketing partners and other affiliated parties in connection with the Contest (collectively, the “Sponsor Entities”) harmless against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in the Contest and/or use or misuse or redemption of any Prize (as defined herein), including, publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, intellectual property and any other personal, proprietary or property rights of any party and/or any related cause of action. Further, Sponsor shall not be responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects (in part or in whole), delays in operations, transmissions, theft, or destruction or unauthorized access to or alternations of any entry correspondence, transmissions or other materials in connection with the Contest. Any attempted submissions or entries in connection with the Contest that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including, by reason of platform, hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility on any servers or otherwise shall not be counted or eligible for the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion.
7. PRIZE WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
7.1 Prize Winner Selection. Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, there shall be twelve (12) potential prize winners selected from among all qualifying Entrants on or about 1 day after the conclusion of the Contest Period (each, a “Prize Winner” and collectively, the “Prize Winners”). A panel of judges comprised of representatives from Sponsor (the “Judges”) shall judge all Eligible Entries received and determine the potential Prize Winners based on the following judging criteria: the most thought provoking and genuine answers (the “Judging Criteria”). The Prize Winners will be the qualifying Entrants whose Submission, in the Judges’ sole and absolute discretion, is most in line with the requirements and the Judging Criteria.
7.2 Prize Tie Breakers. In the event of a tie, the Prize Winner shall be decided by a tie breaker based on order of submission of each potential Prize Winner’s Entry Form (as determined by the earliest timestamp(s) thereof as reflected in Sponsor’s own systems.
7.3 Prize Winner Notification. The potential Prize Winners shall be selected on or about seven (7) days following the conclusion of the Contest. Sponsor and/or its designees shall thereafter attempt to contact the potential Prize Winners using text message and email. If a potential prize winner cannot be contacted or does not respond (within 48 hours of attempted notification) and/or return two copies of the completed contest documentation (as defined herein), within 48 hours of said attempted notification, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify such potential Prize Winner and, if time permits, to select the next qualifying potential Prize Winner and attempt to contact same, who shall be subject to the same eligibility requirements and disqualification in the same manner as described in these official rules. Sponsor shall not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential Prize Winner and no responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for any e-mail(s), message(s) or other correspondence returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address or any other problems, omissions or technical malfunctions associated with any platform, network, servers, computer equipment, software, applications, the Internet or any combination thereof. For the avoidance of doubt, each potential Prize Winner shall be subject to verification, including, as described in Section 8 below.
The final determination of the Prize Winners and the application of the Judging Criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. No correspondence will be entered into with regard to any of Sponsor’s or Judge’s decisions. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Contest Period or to not select a Prize Winner if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that entries received did not meet the minimum qualification standards based on the Judging Criteria specified herein. Sponsor reserves the right to delay the announcement of any Prize Winner in its sole discretion. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor disclaims any liability from, and Entrants, agree to waive, any claims against Sponsor relating to the judging or awarding process. Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Prize Winner in the event that any potential Prize Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
8. PRIZE WINNER VERIFICATION: Upon the request of Sponsor, each potential Prize Winner must sign and return the following documents in order to be eligible to receive a Prize: (i) an affidavit of eligibility; (ii) a publicity/liability release granting the right to use each potential Prize Winner’s name and likeness for advertising, marketing and publicity purposes; and (iii) any other releases and waivers requested by Sponsor, in each instance (i.e., subsections (i), (ii) and (iii) above), releasing the Sponsor Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for or related to (a) personal injury, damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with the Contest or the receipt and/or use of any Prize (or any component thereof); and (b) publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, intellectual property and any other personal, proprietary or property rights of any party and/or any related cause of, including, the use/misuse and/or acceptance of any Prize (or any component thereof); (collectively, the “Contest Documentation”). By entering into the Contest, each Entrant agrees to promptly sign and return all of the Contest Documentation in accordance with the requirements, criteria, parameters and timing described herein or otherwise designated by Sponsor.
9. PRIZE TERMS AND RESTRICTIONS: Only the Prizes as described in these Official Rules shall be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents and/or redemptions shall be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any Prize (or any component thereof) with another prize of equal or greater value, including a cash award, in the event that the applicable Prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Each Entrant in the Contest shall be eligible to win no more than one Prize. The Prizes are non-transferable or assignable to any other person or entity, except by Sponsor. Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of any Prize, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. The Sponsor Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery, receipt and subsequent use and redemption of any Prize (or any component thereof). The Prize restrictions and conditions set forth herein are not exhaustive and additional restrictions and conditions may apply, and the Sponsor Entities make no representations or warranties (express or implied) concerning the appearance, safety, features, usage, accuracy or performance of any Prize. The Sponsor Entities shall not be liable for nor replace any lost, stolen, damaged or malfunctioning element of any Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the value of the Prize shall be taxable to the potential Prize Winner as income. The potential Prize Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the potential Prize Winner’s responsibility.
In the event a Prize Winner engages in or threatens behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is contrary to the spirit of any Prize or the Contest, or is dangerous, obnoxious, threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, endanger, threaten or harass any other person, or that otherwise conflicts with the Sponsor’s values, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such Prize Winner’s Prize, in whole or in part.
10. PRIZE DESCRIPTION AND CONDITIONS: Subject to all of the terms set forth in these Official Rules, the prize for the Contest (the “Prize”) for each Prize Winner consists of (a) $450 to be used towards planning an event (the “Event”) for Black History Month, (b) Bumble merchandise and materials, (c) an event-planning kit, and (4) access to certain members of the Bumble team for assistance in planning the Event. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $850 USD and the value of same may vary depending upon market conditions at the time of fulfillment. The Event must be held on a date between February 18, 2019 and February 28, 2019 (the “Date Window”), unless otherwise agreed to by Sponsor. The event kit will include hashtags and other social media tags that must be used by a Prize Winner in any social media posts relating to such Prize Winner’s applicable Event. Each Prize Winner expressly acknowledges that a condition of accepting the Prize is the use of such designated hashtags and tags. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be rewarded. If the potential Prize Winner chooses not to accept the Prize, fails to comply with these Official Rules, or is unable and/or unwilling to host an Event during the designated Date Window, the Prize shall be forfeited, in its entirety, by that potential Prize Winner, and Sponsor reserves the right to offer the Prize to another qualifying Entrant, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules.
11. SUBMISSIONS/POSTINGS; RESTRICTIONS; LICENSE:
(a) In order to promote, market and publicize the Contest, the Sponsor Entities and certain other related initiatives, entities and services, the Sponsor Entities require a license to use any and all information, materials, work product, concepts, files and content posted, made available or submitted in connection with each Entrant’s participation in the Contest, including each Entrant’s name (and likenesses), user names, biographical information and any other personal information together with each Submission (collectively, “Submissions/Postings”). By way of example and by no means limitation, the Postings/Submissions may be used in connection with Entrant lists, news feeds, emails, notifications, message boards, forums, blogs, blasts, online social community network profiles/groups/platforms, periodicals, magazines, news reports, websites, programming channels, broadcast and any other means of public display and performance, and other uses which may incorporate the Sponsor Entities and/or other affiliated parties' property and branding (including promotional materials such as banners, photos, logos, trademarks, audio-visual content, etc.) (collectively, the “Sponsor Materials”).
(b) Accordingly, each Entrant hereby expressly grants the Sponsor Entities a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, sublicensable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, exhibit, create derivative works, modify and promote any and all Postings/Submissions in, on, through and in connection with any and all now known or hereafter devised, discovered or developed forms of media, products, platforms and services, without notice and without compensation, right of inspection, royalty, accounting, liability or obligation of any kind to any Entrant or any other third party.
(c) All contents of the Postings, with the exception of any incorporated Sponsor Materials, must be completely original to each Entrant and must not have been taken or composed in whole or in part from any other source, including all graphical, audio-visual elements, imagery and artwork appearing in the Postings/Submissions, and must be free and clear of any liens or claims with respect to the use of the Postings/Submissions, and that such use will not give rise to any claims or infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or claims for any payment whatsoever including, but not limited to, claims for re-use fees or residuals.
(d) All Entrants agree that any and all Postings/Submissions made during the Contest Period or in connection with the Contest shall not contain, include or involve (or be posted on any websites highlighting or featuring) any of the following:
crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols;
gang signs or symbols;
gratuitous violence, guns or other imagery or gestures of weapons. Violence may not be used to stimulate the audience or to invite imitation, nor may it be shown or offered as an acceptable solution to problem or conflict;
nudity or explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity;
commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements other than the Sponsor Materials;
hard liquor use or product images;
license plates, phone numbers, personal addresses – physical or email or otherwise;
illegal drug or alcohol use or abuse;
derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliation of other people (publicly or otherwise), or any assault or threatening of others;
violation of anyone's right of privacy, including any statements that may be true but of private facts;
trespass or the violation of other people's rights or property;
illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress);
defamatory, libelous, threatening or other material that advocates against any individual or group including products/services promoting discriminatory behavior (e.g., racial, religious, gender, nationality, sexual orientation);
conduct or activities in violation of these Official Rules; or
any other content, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsor Entities, in their sole discretion.
In addition, each Entrant agrees, confirms and represents to the Sponsor Entities that such Entrant has not engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with the Contest that: (i) is or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortious conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (ii) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules.
12. GENERAL TERMS: The Contest is governed by and subject to the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Any violation of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any entries in the Contest or any Entrant’s activities associated therewith that may be deemed, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate these Official Rules, and/or any policies or guidelines established by Sponsor that govern Entrants’ participation in the Contest. IF THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONFLICT WITH OR OTHERWISE DIFFER FROM ANY PROMOTIONAL OR OTHER MATERIALS PUBLISHED OR MADE AVAILABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL CONTROL. The section headings in these Official Rules are for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting these Official Rules. The terms “include,” “includes,” and “including,” whether or not capitalized, mean “include, but are not limited to,” “includes, but is not limited to,” and “including, but not limited to,” respectively and are to be construed as inclusive, not exclusive.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A PRIZE WINNER AND/OR PRIZE WINNER’S TRAVEL COMPANION OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY A PRIZE WINNER THAT SHALL BRING SUCH PRIZE WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN THE SPONSOR’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) SHALL RESULT IN SUCH PRIZE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PRIZE WINNER FROM THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PRIZE WINNER SHALL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify any transmission, term, condition or other activity, including in circumstances where same is not capable of completion as planned, whether by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure, technical failures of any sort or otherwise. Sponsor is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of the Contest, including, mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel the Contest for any reason or no reason in its sole and absolute discretion without liability or obligation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for the incorrect or inaccurate posting of information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Postings/Submissions, Eligible Entries, memberships, registrations or other correspondence or transmissions in connection with the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, applications, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion or otherwise on the Internet or at any web site or application, or any combination thereof, including, any injury or damage to any Entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of any materials, administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of the Prize Winners. If, for any reason, any functionality or other aspect of the Contest is not capable of being offered and/or operated as planned, including, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to cancel, terminate, modify (e.g., time periods, alternate prizing, eligibility criteria, etc.) or suspend the Contest. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entries are permitted and use thereof shall result in disqualification of all such entries. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any Entrant or other party for any reason, including those it finds to (i) have tampered with the entry process or the operation of any technology associated therewith (or any component thereof); (ii) be acting in violation of these Official Rules or the spirit of the Contest; or (iii) be acting in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner, whether with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or Entrant or other otherwise, or to have provided inaccurate information at any time during the Contest, including, on any entries or legal documents submitted in connection with the Contest or otherwise. Further, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant whose conduct, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, is deemed to be offensive, libelous, slanderous, inflammatory, or otherwise inappropriate or unsportsmanlike in any way for the Contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from Entrant’s acts or omissions in connection the Contest, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sponsor Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Contest and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes.
13. DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited, as a condition of participating in the Contest, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, or the Prizes awarded, or the determination of the Prize Winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering the Contest), and each Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All issues and questions, rights and obligations of each Entrant in connection with the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof and any matters or proceedings as set forth in these Official Rules, shall take place in the State of New York, County of New York. Sponsor and each Entrant waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest.
15. PRIZE WINNERS LIST/RULES REQUESTS: For a copy of these Official Rules or the Prize Winner(s) names, send a separate, stamped, self-addressed envelope to: [CONTEST NAME], Bumble, 1105 West 41st Street, Austin, TX 78756. Vermont residents may omit return postage. Requests received 60 days after the conclusion of the Contest Period shall not be honored.
16. SPONSOR: The Contest is sponsored by Bumble Trading Inc. The Contest is in no way authorized, sponsored, endorsed, approved, or administered by, or in association with the Push Black, Instagram, Facebook, Google, or any of their respective affiliates. Each Entrant releases the foregoing entities from any and all claims and damages arising out of or in connection with the Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest are to be directed to Sponsor, at the address above, not the foregoing entities.